Complete application packets are due to the CLASS dean's office by 5:00 on March 6th, 2020
The CLASS Advisory Board Award for Excellence in Research, Scholarship, or Creative Activity has been established to recognize annually a tenure-system CLASS faculty member of any rank for a major professional accomplishment -- or suite of related accomplishments -- that have occurred at some point during the last 5 years. For some nominees, a single book or major creative project will serve as the basisfor the application. Others will have produced a series of related articles or briefer creative projects that share a common research agenda or creative impetus. The recipient of this $1,000 award will be recognized at the CLASS Advisory Board Awards Ceremony in September 2020.
Eligibility: All tenure-system CLASS faculty members are eligible, but previous recipients are not eligible for nomination during the five years following receipt of the award. Faculty must be nominated by their department chair, and each department may submit only one nomination per year.
Selection Criteria: Selection is based on an application packet containing the materials listed below. The CLASS Advisory Board is free to solicit additional inputregarding the record of any nominee.
A complete application packet should include:
- An application form signed by the award nominee and his/her chair.
- A current curriculum vitae that highlights the nominee's accomplishments in research, scholarship, or creative activity.
- A one-page description by the nominee of the project (or set of related projects) that serves as the basis for the nomination.
- Representative excerpts from the project (or projects). These should be brief enough for someone to read, listen to, or view in less than an hour.
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from the nominee's department chair and two more from peer faculty members at UNT or other institutions. The nominee is responsible for requesting these latter two letters.
- Evidence of the project's impact (e.g., reviews, citations, etc.).
Selection Process: The CLASS Faculty Council will review all nominations and select three finalists by rating each nominee on a 1-5 scale (with 5 being the highestand 1 being the lowest). The CLASS Advisory Board will review the three finalists and select the final winner using the same 1-5 scale. Decisions will be based on the mean of the Faculty Council or Advisory Board members' scoring.