A scholarship for undergraduate students whose gender identity is different than the sex assigned at birth and who are transitioning or have completed transition and are enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
In addition, to be considered for the Finseth-Hawkins Scholarship an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Maintain full-time enrollment, unless the student is nearing completion of their degree program and does not need full-time enrollment.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) at the time of application.
- Submit a personal statement of no more than 750 words about how this scholarship will positively support their personal well-being and academic aspirations.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic work, work ethic, or personal strength.
Complete the scholarship application form and submit email addresses of 2 Professor/Instructor for letters of recommendation, (UNT Professor/Instructor is preferred), transcripts of all high school work (if entering freshman) or all college work along with a narrative statement discussing career goals, work record, and extracurricular activities.
Please use the online application form located on the left side of this page. This scholarship cannot be awarded to a previous recipient.
Any question can be sent to Blake.Roark@unt.edu
DEADLINE DATE for Academic Year 2021-2022 is February 28, 2021.