Recipient of scholarship will be chosen based on over all achievement.
To be considered for the Dean's Graduate Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the scholarship application form and submit email address of Professor/Instructor for letter of recommendation, (UNT Professor/Instructor is preferred), transcripts of all collegework (unofficial transcripts acceptable), along with your narrative statement.
- Minimum entrance and academic performance standards of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences graduate's program in effect at the time of any award, and able to demonstrate academic promise in one of the majors offered by the College
- Maintain full-time enrollment majoring within a graduate program of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, unless the applicant has less than twice the number of semester hours required to be full time remaining in his/her degree program
- Provide letter of recommendation from person familiar with the applicant's academic work, work ethic, or personal strength. You are only obtaining one letter, so make sure your contact is someone who can provide the strongest possible recommendation.
- Narrative statement should be one page (single spaced) describing your academic background, career aspirations, extracurricular interests, and how this scholarship would benefit you.
Any questions can be sent to Class@unt.edu
DEADLINE DATE for Academic Year 2023-2024 is March 1st 2023 at 8:00am (start of business day). We will accept letters of recommendation through 5:00pm (end of business day) March 10th.