To be considered for the A. M. Willis Endowed Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences in effect at the time of any award, maintaining a G.P.A. of 3.0;
- Maintain full time enrollment at the University, unless they have fewer than twice the number of semester hours required to be full time remaining in their degree program;
- Enroll as a full-time student majoring in any degree-granting program in the College at the University
- Preference shall be given to students with an overall 3.5 GPA or better.
- In the event no applicants meet these requirements, then students enrolled full-time at the University will be eligible for consideration
- This Scholarship may continue to be awarded to a previous recipient on an annual basis if the recipient reapplies for this Scholarship and continues to meet the eligibility requirements outlined in this Memorandum of Understanding and Gift Agreement.
- Provide at least two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic work.
- Complete the scholarship application form and submit email addresses of 2 Professor/Instructor for letters of recommendation, (UNT Professor/Instructor is preferred), transcripts of all high school work (if entering freshman) or all college work along with a narrative statement discussing career goals, work record, and extracurricular activities.
Please use the online application form located on the left side of this page.
Any questions can be sent to Linda.Masters@unt.edu
DEADLINE DATE for Academic Year 2018-2019 is February 28, 2018.