To be considered for the A. M. Willis Endowed Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the scholarship application form and submit email address of Professor/Instructor for letter of recommendation, (UNT Professor/Instructor is preferred), transcripts of all collegework (these can be unofficial) or high school work (entering freshman only), along with a narrative statement.
- Minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences in effect at the time of any award, maintaining a G.P.A. of 3.0. Preference shall be given to students with an overall 3.5 GPA or better.
- Maintain full time enrollment as an undergraduate student at the University, unless they have fewer than twice the number of semester hours required to be full time remaining in their degree program;
- Enroll as a full-time student majoring in any degree-granting program in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at the University
- Provide letter of recommendation from person familiar with the applicant's academic work, work ethic, or personal strength. You are only obtaining one letter, so make sure your contact is someone who can provide the strongest possible recommendation.
- Narrative statement should be one page (single spaced) describing your academic background, career aspirations, extracurricular interests, and how this scholarship would benefit you.
This Scholarship may continue to be awarded to a previous recipient on an annual basis if the recipient reapplies for this scholarship and continues to meet the eligibility requirements outlined in this Memorandum of Understanding and Gift Agreement.
Any questions can be sent to Class@unt.edu
DEADLINE DATE for Academic Year 2023-2024 is March 1st 2023 at 8:00am (start of business day). We will accept letters of recommendation through 5:00pm (end of business day) March 10th.