Transfer Credit Information
Frequently Asked Questions About Transfer Credit
Will all of my credits transfer to UNT?
- All courses taken for academic credit will transfer to UNT, some will apply toward your degree requirements and some will count as electives. Check with an advisor to find out how your transfer credits will apply toward your degree (visit Advisor Contacts to find your advisor).
Why did UNT not accept all of my transfer credit?
- Each University and Community/Junior College offers different types of credit. UNT accepts all courses taken for college level academic credit. Remedial or developmental courses taken to prepare you for college level academic credit are not accepted. Technical or Work Force Education (WECM) courses are not accepted to UNT unless you are pursuing a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences and the courses have been approved for use by your Academic Dean at UNT. Courses taken for Continuing Education are non-credit courses and are not accepted at UNT.
What kind of information can I find on UNT's web site about transfer credit?
- We have a transfer guide web site (located at https://registrar.unt.edu/transfer-guides) which provides general information about the transfer of courses to the UNT core (limited to Texas Public Colleges and Universities) and information about the transfer of courses to a specific major (limited to area Community Colleges).
- Additionally you can use our interactive website, Transferology, to look up course equivalencies or run degree audits. If you set up an account you can enter your course work to see how your courses from other institutions will apply toward degree requirements at UNT. NOTE: Not all courses from all institutions have information or equivalencies listed in U.Select.
Will the Undergraduate Admissions Office send me information about my transfer courses?
- Admissions will send you a summary of the credits you have transferred to UNT including the number of credit hours accepted, number of credit hours attempted and number of grade points earned for your courses. You will not receive a summary of how each of your courses applies toward your degree/major, you will be able to speak with an advisor at orientation (all new students are required to attend orientation and can not register with out attending). You can also contact and advisor to ask specific questions prior to attending orientation (visit Advisor Contacts to find your advisor).