A scholarship from Michael P. Murphy to provide for undergraduate College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences students who qualify as middle income at the University of North Texas. This scholarship may be awarded to a previous recipient on an annual basis if recipient continues to meet requirements outlined.
An applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Maintain full-time or part-time enrollment, unless the student is nearing completion of their degree program and does not need full-time enrollment.
- Have earned no fewer than 30 credit hours toward their degree at time of application.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) at the time of application.
- Demonstrate ineligibility for need-based financial assistance as determined by completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which includes an application process that contains written release from the student to share FAFSA information between university departments and donors coordinating related award processes
- In the event that multiple applicants equally meet criteria, preference shall be given to those who are/were in the care of a sole caregiver. (single parents, grandparent, foster parent or guardian)
- Provide two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic work. MUST have two.
In the event that multiple applicants meet the criteria listed above, preference shall be given to those who are sole caregivers to minors. In the event that this applicants should still not meet this criteria, any student enrolled in CLASS who are ineligible for FAFSA would be eligible for consideration.
Complete the scholarship application form and submit email addresses of 2 Professor/Instructor for letters of recommendation, (UNT Professor/Instructor is preferred), transcripts of all high school work (if entering freshman) or all college work along with a narrative statement discussing career goals, work record, extracurricular activities and mention of FAFSA eligibility/ineligibility for need-based assistance.
Please use the online application form located on the left side of this page.
Any question can be sent to Blake.Roark@unt.edu
DEADLINE DATE for Academic Year 2021-2022 is February 28, 2021. Applications submitted past 11:59pm on 2/28/2021 will not be accepted for consideration.